Thanks Nnadir, You've nailed it spot on. The frantic drive to Extinguish Nuclear power that works (and can be even better if advanced 4th gen nuclear were not being stalled), has always had the sense and feel of a Religious Phenomenon to me.
There is no other way that I can describe such (antinuclear) Venom coupled and linked to belief in something that doesn't work at least 2/3rds of the time (low capacity factors), and produces absolutely Zero energy at night.
1) Nuclear Power works reliably and predictably.
2) Nuclear power doesn't have to be as expensive as we have Manouvered it into being, for safety
3) We know how to build passively safe, less expensive Nuclear Power.
4) Nuclear power will work in service of Mankind, regrdless of what the weather/climate does or doesn't do. It will work even if there is no climate (as in outer space).
5) I can only conclude that some people have made an emotion /faith based commitment to derail Nuclear power, in concert with others who wanna sell Natural Gas.