Free Webcast | June 1, 2018 | 1 p.m. Eastern | Register today!
This free webcast will be based on ScottMadden’s latest Energy Industry Update, coming this month. This semi-annual publication will feature inside views of recent significant events, emerging trends, and original analysis. See why more than 10,000 executive leaders rely on it for the most important trends and thought-provoking insights.
Our complimentary webcast will provide you with the insights and knowhow to navigate today’s complex, ever-changing industry. This is a great opportunity to take a step back and consider what is happening, what it means, and where our industry is headed.
During this session, ScottMadden’s energy experts will share their views and field questions related to changes to corporate renewable power purchase agreements, Clean Power Plan repeal and replacement, and energy storage.
Corporate Renewable Power Purchase Agreements: A Boost for Renewable Energy Development
A growing number of corporations are using power purchase agreements (PPAs) to procure clean energy directly from renewable energy producers, in some cases sourcing most or all of their energy needs. Corporate procurement of renewable energy can be quite different than other purchases, including traditional energy purchases. Paul Quinlan will address:
- What are the current trends with corporate renewable PPAs?
- What are the different types of corporate renewable PPAs?
- What risks should corporate buyers consider?
- What is the outlook for corporate renewable PPAs?
Clean Power Plan Repeal and Replacement
After spending time in legal limbo, the Trump administration has proposed a repeal of the Clean Power Plan. The EPA is now looking into a possible replacement rule that could be much more tailored to power generator characteristics, including service duty and ramping needs. Preston Fowler will explore:
- What is going to happen next for regulation of power generator greenhouse gas emissions?
- How has fossil generation been faring in recent years?
- What are cities and states doing about greenhouse gas emissions, independent of federal regulation?
- Does the Clean Power Plan (or its possible replacement) even matter for the future of fossil generation, particularly coal-fired generation?
Energy Storage: Everything You Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask
As energy storage, especially battery storage, continues to see market gains, adoption of the technology is growing. But what are the complexities of introducing battery storage into the marketplace? In this session, we will try to answer everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask about energy storage. Kevin Hernandez will discuss:
- Why is pricing energy storage so challenging, and what effect does it have on energy storage procurement?
- How do energy storage ownership models impact adoption?
- Is benefit stacking really necessary for energy storage to be cost effective?
Join us to hear from Paul Quinlan, clean tech manager at ScottMadden; Preston Fowler, director at ScottMadden; and Kevin Hernandez, director at ScottMadden. Stuart Pearman, partner at ScottMadden, will serve as the webcast moderator.
Additionally, all registered attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the latest Energy Industry Update.