Company: Exas Consulting, LLC
— Bio —
Doug has over 30 years of experience in the energy industry as a product management executive, retail IT director, consultant, demand-side manager, and regulator. He has the unusual combination of executive skills and broad and detailed domain knowledge. Energy career highlights include:
Constellation Energy, Vice President, Electric Products
· Increased gross margin and dramatically reduced SG&A through standardized offerings and rigorous evaluation and action
· Identified key market changes and designed market leading competitive responses
· Designed product structure to easily add new features for quick time to market
· Presented key product offerings to major customers resulting in several large sales
· Created single stop online product documentation for all functions and delivered product training, including video training, to all sales and front-line operations people.
Constellation Energy, IT Director
Married business knowledge with rigorous organizational design, IT implementation knowledge, team leadership and management capabilities to convert to new CRM and billing systems, including
· logical entity architecture
· all billing calculations
· business / EDI interface
· corporate application data warehouse
· data conversion rules
· product implementation
· design of all new products.
Managed a team of 5 database and programming professionals to
· design and implement table-based dynamic SQL statements enabling the business to define algorithms in Excel for translation into dynamic SQL
· table driven code environment reference (dev, stage, production) for seamless transition between physical servers with just a table entry
· wholesale data warehouse / internet reporting system for position management; retail data warehouse / internet reporting system and QA/QC process and algorithms for retail forecast accuracy.
Designed bid book of business for successful sale of company to Constellation Energy and implemented new retail pricing model structure.
Douglas Short Consulting, Inc., President
Strategic planning and regulatory affairs / public policy assistance to utilities. Represented large consumers and sellers of utility services in negotiations with utilities and as expert witness before regulatory commissions.
· Led negotiation team for largest gas marketer to set the balancing rules for largest gas utility in New England, opening up retail competition in natural gas in MA.
· Testified and negotiated on behalf of large customers in MA and RI, ensuring transportation rates were based on costs and achieving lower rates for clients.
· Developed business plan for fuel cell start up, including market analysis used by management to obtain funding.
· Managed implementation of a real-time energy cooperative for the largest utility in the Midwest.
· Testified and negotiated on behalf of independent power generators before New York PUC regarding generation buyback rates, increasing generator revenues by millions of dollars.
Doug earned his MS in Economics from Colorado State University, and his BA cum laude in Economics and History (double major) from Kalamazoo College.
email@example.com● 34 Duane Drive ● North Reading, MA 01864 ● 617.752.1784